At Aker Eye Center, the health and safety of our patients and team members continue to be our top priority as we respond to the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
We will be available during business hours by phone and email to schedule you if you have an urgent issue or eye emergency.
-We will be closing our offices to routine care starting on March 24, 2020 and will be seeing urgent issues only.
-If you are not in need of essential medical services, we ask you delay your visit until after April 19, 2020.
-If you are currently scheduled for an appointment March 24-March 31, 2020, we will be calling you to reschedule.
• What if I have a Routine Eye Exam?: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment for the remainder of March and early April, we will reschedule your appointment.
• What if I need to replace my glasses, I am unable to function? Please contact us at either of our offices and will help you with your eyewear needs.
• I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us and we may be able to extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped to your house.
• What if I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice? Please contact us. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
• What if I have an emergency eye issue that cannot wait? If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has relaxed regulations for this type of care during the pandemic. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
• What about an eye emergency after business hours? If you have an ocular emergency, we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call either of our offices and wait for instructions at the end of the message.
For all of our health and safety, if you have visited a Coronavirus hot spot area or have traveled out of the country in the last two weeks, have symptoms of fever, sore throat, congestion, cough, shortness of breath or generalized fatigue, please contact us to reschedule right away and observe the recommended 14 day quarantine.